3 April 2011

Ancillary Task - Film Poster


There isn’t much difference between Draft 1 and Draft 2. With the contrasting colours of the dark background with the white text, I questioned myself as to what colour the skull should be that appears behind ‘The Crypto Divulgence’. To help me get the best result, I decided to show both of the posters to 5 different people and I asked them which one they thought looked better; the lighter skull or the darker skull. All 5 of them said that they preferred the darker skull, and one went further to say that it then matched with the colour of the skull that is seen in the poster that is featured in the film. I thought that this was a good evaluative point that had been made and therefore applied it to my work.

The image that is put in place on Draft 1, 2 and 3 was just a placeholder image, to allow myself to be able to work with the remaining available space without having to then change it all around again once I had obtained the images that I was going to include. 

I decided to save Draft 3, as a way of checking what feedback I would receive as I had progressed a little bit further. Again the feedback which I received was positive, with the exception of someone made the comment about the text at the top; “From the creators of ‘Almost Famous’…”. This text was originally all black but I had previously had the idea of altering it so that the words “Almost Famous” were in white with the rest remaining in black, but I wasn’t 100% sure as to whether it would look alright so I left it. The comment made about this text was that they thought it would look better with “Almost Famous” written in white, so I changed it to give it a chance and ended up agreeing with the statement and left the writing in white.

Draft 4 of my Film Poster is the final draft. I had managed to replace the placeholder image with the images that I had planned on using. After I had left it and was then showing people the final product; the people who I had shown had mentioned about the visibility of the small text placed at the bottom of the poster. The text was black and was placed against dark parts of a few pictures, making it continuously hard to read, to test visibility levels and to see which looked better I then created Draft 5, and changed the colour of the text to white. This turned out to be a much better outcome and made the whole poster look a lot brighter and improved the quality of the poster.



Draft 5 after getting feedback all the way through as I progressed with the completion of the poster is the final and completed version. The images are all in the correct place, with the text in a colour which is easy to read as well as a few smaller images blended into the background.I am very pleased with the way that the poster turned out and I feel that it fits in with my other two coursework pieces very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment