3 April 2011

Ancillary Task - Film Review

Like the film poster, I used PagePlus to create both the poster and the review. There isn’t much difference between the two drafts, except from the correct text being put in place. Like many reviews the review is written along with a picture of the band at the gig. I used an image of some stage lights and placed them at the top of the picture and also got an image of some hands from a crowd and placed them at the bottom of the image. I used this to create the effect of them playing a real gig.

The text used in this first draft was just placeholder text that I put in place, to allow me to design the rest of the poster and having no concerns about leaving enough room for an appropriate amount of text.





Also to give the effect of a real review, I included a page number as well as the normal details given in some magazines; where a lot of reviews are found. I continued using the rough paper edging to show continuity throughout all of the pieces as well as using the same logo as was used on the Film Poster for the title of the film.

Another main convention of a film review is some sort of rating; I went with the traditional way of rating and used stars. Reviews are used to give both positive and negative feedback; negative reviews are often rated by using ‘Rotten Tomatoes’ or something of a similar nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment