3 April 2011

Audience Research


Every film has a Typical Audience Member, someone who is an exact replica of the sort of person who would normally watch the film.
For example, the typical audience member for a film such as The Notebook, would be a teenage girl. A girl who likes to take part in typical teenage girl activities such as, shopping, having sleepovers with friends, talking about boys, fantasizes over male celebrities and has a room covered in posters of their favourite musicians.

Therefore my short film would also have a typical audience member. The typical audience member for my film could quite possibly be split 50% young boys, 50% young girls. They would have a large interest in the music industry and possibly have ambitions similar to the characters seen in my film. People with large music interests are the main type of people who I tried to get my film to converge to, this is due to the people watching may have a similar ambition to those seen in my film and would automatically create a relationship/bond between the character and the audience, which would automatically entice the audience to continue watching the film.

The style of my typical audience member is represented in the style of each of my characters; including skinny jeans, with a band t-shirt, dc's or converse shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment